SEO Case Study: From Not Ranked To #1
Chapter 4: On-Page SEO Best Practices
Difficulty Level: Easy
Easy Keyword (Best Hair Salon in Birmingham al)
Effect in Ranking After 1 Month: N/A => 48
Difficult Keyword (Haircut Birmingham al)
Effect in Ranking After 1 Month: N/A => N/A
In hopes to master/improve my processes, I plan on real-time documenting the exact steps it takes to reach the #1 Ranking on Google!
Wish me luck!
On-Page SEO is simply how you arrange the HTML and the Keywords on your site to optimize it for Google searches.
Here are some of the easiest best practices.
- HTML Title - Optimal title length is 55 characters and includes a keyword.
- HTML Description - Optimal description length is 160 characters and includes a keyword.
- H1 - Create an h1 header tag with a keyword at the top of the page.
- URLs - Should not have .html at the end.
- Internal Links - Should contain descriptions and keywords (not just "Click Here")
- Images - Pulled original images from company's Facebook page
- Best Hair Salon in Birmingham al
- Hair Salon in Birmingham al
- Haircut Birmingham al
That's it for this one! Thanks for reading!
Additional Awesome On-Page SEO Links:
17 Action Items by Backlinko
Ultimate On-Page Guide by Brian Dean at Backlinko
Advanced Cheatsheet to SEO by Neil Patel
(In the future, I will make another article about my favorite techniques from these links!)
Chapter 3: Metrics and Audits
Chapter 5: Off-Page and Link Building
If this article helped you, or you have any thoughts on how to do this better, please click the Like button and/or leave a comment below.