Sign up for a FREE
Set up your Merge Fields:
Audience Dashboard -> Settings -> Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags
- You should configure this page so that it matches up with the columns in the audience files that you will be importing.
- THe Merge Fields should be in the same order as columns in the imported file(s).
- You can also add any useful fields that are present in the imported file(s) and remove unused fields.
- Use the Data Type of "Website" if you're adding a field that contains a link (URL).
- This screen also ties with Tag names that you will be able to use in your email campaign templates.
- If you do the above prior to importing, then when you perform your audience imports (Audience -> Add Contacts -> Merge -> File) the Merge Field mapping will be streamlined / automatic.
- Remember to tag your imports with the Tool and Industry used to prospect the audience!
use segments, tags, groups to separate
tags = label (matrix tools added) Platform / Industry
groups = preference center (user picks in a form)
segments = data you already have, use to send more targeted marketing
setup a "tag" of matrix tools test users?
and then a segment for us? to send test emails to?
run a test campaign
"AUDIENCE AND ADD SEGMENT"
BRAND AND PERSONALIZATION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ADD VALUE with PITCH
TAGS = THE INDUSTRY (OR THE LIST IT CAME FROM MAYBE A TAG FOR WHAT PLATFORM)
notes on mailchimp INTRO
audience - marketing crm, audience dashboard, tags/segments/groups (CAN ADD NOTES FROM BLOG HERE)
-- 1 audience with tags/segments/groups -> start with a test tag? OR test audience??
-- audience dashboard setup a test audience.
-- Manage Audience -> Settings -> Audience name and defaults
-- -- Form settings / Email settings / reCAPTCHA
-- -- embedded signup forms for opt-ins for our newsletter / mailing list -> auto add to audience!
-- -- GDPR (missed that)
-- All contacts -> audience. subscribed and unsubscribed
brand - template and studio
-- name, logo, font colors, identity, image, emotional connection
-- email templates
-- -- select a LAYOUT for your template
-- -- template gets all the good brand things
-- -- every [month] create an edit of the template to turn it into a 'campaign'
-- -- content studio - store logos and assets
-- -- -- products - INTEGRATES WITH E-COMM!! COOL!!
-- -- -- giphy and instagram! to pull your images from social media
campaigns - automation features !?
-- each campaign has stats, opens / clicks / revenue
-- automated campaigns
-- website (create a new one) not helpful?
-- create campaign options
-- -- automated emails -> like welcome emails
-- -- other cool options and screenshots?
-- -- multivariate - A/B Testing. COOL!! (test 2 different subject lines see what gets opened)!
-- IMPORT CONTACTS -> checkout options here -> from csv??!!
settings -> domain authentication -> verify and authenticate -> firstname.lastname@example.org
hidden costs in mailchimp?? billing tab??
integrations -> facebook, ecwid, bitrix, slack !!!
If this article helped you, or you have any thoughts on how to do this better, please click the Like button and/or leave a comment below.