This article will summarize a marketing workflow for prospecting new leads!
There are 3 main phases for this workflow: Prospecting, Campaigning, and Lead Tracking.
Prospecting an Audience
This is the process of finding new potential leads and building an audience.
- Manually adding contact info to an audience.
- Opt-in forms so people can add themselves to the an audience.
- Using prospecting tools to export audiences.
Other Tools: ???
Email templates should be Branded and as Personalized as possible!
It it helpful to group all of your prospects into 1 audience for tracking.
We can then break up our audience by groups, segments, and tags
This means a couple of things for our workflow:
- Create 2 Audiences: 1 real audience and 1 test audience made up of your marketing team.
- This will provide some safety/separation between your test runs and your live runs.
- Additionally, this should provide separation between your test and live statistics.
- *Ignore the previous steps and use Tags if you're on the free Mailchimp as it only allows 1 audience.
Every audience imported into Mailchimp should be "Tagged" with
1) the name of the Prospecting tool that it was exported from and
2) the industry (or search term) that was used to create the audience.
Every audience member imported into Mailchimp should belong to a "Segment".
1) Segment A or Segment B (for A/B Testing)
2) In order to be random, I setup Segment A (Last Name A - L) and Segment B (Last Name M - Z)
I also recommend using "Groups" when you import your "Clients" contacts and "Staff" contacts (for testing).
This is the process of monitoring responses, following-up, and tracking possible leads within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Bitrix can be used to track all external communications, leads, quotes, deals, clients, and more!
It has a built in Sales Funnel and a ton of other awesome business tools.
The prospects and audiences will be managed in the previous steps and systems,
however when we get a positive response from a prospect they should then become a "lead"
and then entered and tracked in the Bitrix CRM system.
Please click on any of the Tool links above to see more information on how we use these amazing tools!
What tools and workflows do you use at your company?
Thanks for reading!
If this article helped you, or you have any thoughts on how to do this better, please click the Like button and/or leave a comment below.